Rejoicing in Enlightenment - 6/5/2020

Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ, last night my wife and I had some time to have some intentional conversation about current race relations, the inclusion heightened and celebration of black culture in our home and what that will look like for our children, and finally how do we go about aiming our lives to follow through on those desires that we have. Now obviously, we don't have a perfect blueprint, but this morning I got to thinking on my wife and I's conversation and have concluded that the more enlightened we can become about not just black culture, but the varying minority's culture the less hate, confusion, pain and anger we will pour into our families and communities. And inevitably produce a culturally educated society who appreciates, celebrates, and even develop a love for these people and the culture that they bring to the table. Now, I know that this may seem like a daunting task, however no one is asking for this to be an overnight process. However, I am asking and a whole multitude of minority people groups are implicitly asking that you please get learned up in what you don't know, so that your actions, your words, your thoughts, and the thoughts of the next generation are coming from a place of knowledge and understanding, rather than hearsay and ignorance. To end this message I want you to know that I love you and there isn't anything you can do about it and that I believe in you and the positives we can bring about in an overarching change of heart and mind.

Supporting Scripture:
Romans 12:15-18 ESV
"Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all."
 Have a blessed day! 🙂

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts