God Will Sustain You - 3/18/19

God Will Sustain You

Hey Family, as a new homeowner and all the mental projects that are building up in my head that I would either like to get done or need to. I had to stop dead in my tracks this morning, because I realized I am getting into "Alvy's Got This" mode. The right mode is "God's  Got This"  and it would be foolish of you or I to believe that we can go at it alone on our own strength. We are fully and only sustained by the Lord.

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, You know my tendencies are to go ahead on my own strength and try to 'move Heaven and Earth', but I'm asking that You would continuely dampen that in me that I might fully rely on You and Your promptings. Thank you for the ways in which you have already changed my heart, but this is Your servant humbly and eagerly asking to keep stripping away anything of me that is not of You. In Jesus Christ beautiful name I pray, Amen. 

Scripture
The Wise Seek the Lord
Proverbs 18:10‭-‬15 NIV
The name of the Lord is a fortified tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. The wealth of the rich is their fortified city; they imagine it a wall too high to scale. Before a downfall the heart is haughty, but humility comes before honor. To answer before listening— that is folly and shame. The human spirit can endure in sickness, but a crushed spirit who can bear? The heart of the discerning acquires knowledge, for the ears of the wise seek it out.

Shelter from the Storm
Psalms 46:1‭-‬7 NIV
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day. Nations are in uproar, kingdoms fall; he lifts his voice, the earth melts. The Lord Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."

Quote of the Day
"Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken."
Psalms 55:22 NIV

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts