Biblical Truths - 9/13/22

Biblical Truths
Hey Family, today I am going to talk to you about some Biblical Truths that I believe everyone, especially those new to Christianity or seeking to understand some building blocks of the Christian life should see. These 4 truths that I want to address are God, Sin, Christ, and Faith. Now I'm not a Biblical scholar nor am I a pastor, but I love Jesus, and the Bible, and I trust the knowledge and Biblical understanding of Pastor John Piper, an American Theologian, from whom I heard this concept and the passages that follow. 

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank You that You are filled with truth and Your word is filled with truth. And with all this truth allows Your children to have so much faith and confidence in this life despite all of the lies and half-truths that we are bombarded by each day. Help us to cling to You and run as far and as fast from anything and everything that is not of You. Lord, You are so good to us and we want to be so good to You. For we know Your goodness will be seen in the land of the living in the pursuit of You and Your Kingdom. So, may the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Strength and my Redeemer, Amen."

Scripture (4 Biblical Truths)
1. God
1 Corinthians 10:31 
"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God."
Our existence is to exude or display the utmost glory to God and His eternal Kingdom.

2. Sin
Romans 1:22‭-‬23 
"Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like a mortal human being and birds and animals and reptiles."
Our sin often comes in the form of opportunity cost; we choose the world's way over God's way and miss out on the eternal glory that could have been ours at that moment, but we choose the fleeting, foolish ways of the world. 

3. Jesus Christ
1 Timothy 1:15‭-‬16
"Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst. But for that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Christ Jesus might display his immense patience as an example for those who would believe in him and receive eternal life."
Jesus Christ's crucifixion on the Cross for our sin was more than just a display of the grotesque torture of our Lord and Savior, but rather a path-paving act of grace that allowed for ALL who believe and pursue to have past sins paid for by His blood so that we might have the opportunity for life everlasting with Him in the end. 

4. Faith
Hebrews 13:5‭-‬6
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.” So we say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?"
Knowing what we know about God and Christ, we can have faith that He is out to do good on our behalf and through us. And in both His giving to and working through, God is seen and is experienced as being such a joyful and generous giver to us, His children.

**The parts of this message that are underlined are my words based on what I understand about God and have experienced Him to be in my life. However, the concept of the 4 Biblical Truths and the passages listed were from Dr. John Piper in the following video: https://youtu.be/FZ16SYB2EtI **

Quote of the Day
"It doesn’t matter who we are or where we’ve been, God sent His Son for us – that’s the beauty of the Gospel."
- Heather Hart

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts