Justice For All - 11/25/22

Justice For All
Hey Family, today I want to talk about justice, but not in its Earthly, one-sided form. Rather, I want to speak on the holistic justice of God. God's justice is fully inclusive and takes EVERY single aspect of one's life into consideration when He judges. From succeses, to failures, to trauma and even our predispositions. My God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, knows all, sees all, and disregards none of it as He reigns and rules over His Kingdom with compassion and sovereignty.

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, as I write this post I can't help but perceive all the people that HATE the idea that there 'someone' else that sees all and knows all regarding their lives and will one day be judged for said actions. However, as children in Christ's body of believers we must know and believe that Your judgement is not just here to condemn, it is also here to uplift and bring joy, to rid this world of darkness for good, and one day establish perfect peace in the life to come. So, Lord, gives us eyes to see the bigger, holier, all-encompassing picture that You paint by the ways of Your justice. And, give us the heart and strength to boldly live that out in the world we live in. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer, in Jesus Christ's name, Amen."

Scripture
Psalms 37:25‭-‬29
"I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. They are always generous and lend freely; their children will be a blessing. Turn from evil and do good; then you will dwell in the land forever. For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones. Wrongdoers will be completely destroyed; the offspring of the wicked will perish. The righteous will inherit the land and dwell in it forever."

Isaiah 30:18‭-‬22 
"Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; therefore he will rise up to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him! People of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you. Although the Lord gives you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, your teachers will be hidden no more; with your own eyes you will see them. Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, “This is the way; walk in it.” Then you will desecrate your idols overlaid with silver and your images covered with gold; you will throw them away like a menstrual cloth and say to them, “Away with you!”

Micah 6:6‭-‬8
"With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
 
Quote of the Day
"I felt that I had been born anew and that the gates of heaven had been opened. The whole of Scripture gained a new meaning. And from that point on the phrase, 'the justice of God' no longer filled me with hatred, but rather became unspeakable sweet by virtue of a great love."
- Martin Luther

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE 

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts