Peace Along the Way - 1/17/23

Peace Along the Way 
Hey Family, the Lord dropped this in my spirit this morning, "anyone can have peace before the journey begins or after they have made it to their destination, but it takes the Lord's provision that we might have peace throughout our journey." I have received this peace countless times, and I know that if it were not for Christ's peace I would not be who I am or where I am today. How do you know when you have God's peace? You know, because in a trying situation that under most circumstances you would have every right to be stressed out, frustrated, confused, and maybe even hopeless, you miraculously feel calm, clear-headed, and full of hope for the future.

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, we thank You for Your Son, Jesus Christ coming down to dwell among us which is why one of His many names is Emmanuel, God is with us. In coming to dwell with us in the flesh and making himself vulnerable to the frailties of being fully human we read, with hope assured from the Word, that the Prince of Peace also called out for peace to be obtained in His journey as the path became almost unbearable. Lord, help us to gaze and ponder Jesus Christ's ways as He displayed perfect humility to receive perfect peace from our Heavenly Father above. And let not merely look with our eyes, but also act in Christlikeness. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer, Amen."

The Garden of Gethsemane 
Matthew 26:36‭-‬56
"Then Jesus went with them to the olive grove called Gethsemane, and he said, “Sit here while I go over there to pray.” He took Peter and Zebedee’s two sons, James and John, and he became anguished and distressed. He told them, “My soul is crushed with grief to the point of death. Stay here and keep watch with me.” He went on a little farther and bowed with his face to the ground, praying, “My Father! If it is possible, let this cup of suffering be taken away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine.” Then he returned to the disciples and found them asleep. He said to Peter, “Couldn’t you watch with me even one hour? Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!” Then Jesus left them a second time and prayed, “My Father! If this cup cannot be taken away unless I drink it, your will be done.” When he returned to them again, he found them sleeping, for they couldn’t keep their eyes open. So he went to pray a third time, saying the same things again. Then he came to the disciples and said, “Go ahead and sleep. Have your rest. But look—the time has come. The Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Up, let’s be going. Look, my betrayer is here!” And even as Jesus said this, Judas, one of the twelve disciples, arrived with a crowd of men armed with swords and clubs. They had been sent by the leading priests and elders of the people. The traitor, Judas, had given them a prearranged signal: “You will know which one to arrest when I greet him with a kiss.” So Judas came straight to Jesus. “Greetings, Rabbi!” he exclaimed and gave him the kiss. Jesus said, “My friend, go ahead and do what you have come for.” Then the others grabbed Jesus and arrested him. But one of the men with Jesus pulled out his sword and struck the high priest’s slave, slashing off his ear. “Put away your sword,” Jesus told him. “Those who use the sword will die by the sword. Don’t you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly? But if I did, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that describe what must happen now?” Then Jesus said to the crowd, “Am I some dangerous revolutionary, that you come with swords and clubs to arrest me? Why didn’t you arrest me in the Temple? I was there teaching every day. But this is all happening to fulfill the words of the prophets as recorded in the Scriptures.” At that point, all the disciples deserted him and fled."

He Provides Peace In and Through All
Psalms 23:1‭-‬6 
"The Lord is my shepherd; I have all that I need. He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams. He renews my strength. He guides me along right paths, bringing honor to his name. Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for you are close beside me. Your rod and your staff protect and comfort me. You prepare a feast for me in the presence of my enemies. You honor me by anointing my head with oil. My cup overflows with blessings. Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me all the days of my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever."

Quote of the Day
"The peace of God is possible no matter the pressures around us. Peace has to do with our mindsets, not with outside circumstances."
- Benjamin Suulola

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE 

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts