Using Your Freewill in Faith - Alvy Butler, Jr.

So, we made it through another work week and it will soon officially be the weekend, where many of us cut loose and do whatever they so choose. Often, people use this time to engage in some not so wholesome activities, but I'm here to urge you to enjoy the weekend but to not neglect your opportunities to aid in bringing glory to the Kingdom of God. God has given us freewill to enjoy and take part in the things of this life that we so choose, but He also has called us to be allegiant to the Cross. For Paul says in 1 Corinthians 9:19; 22-23, "19Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 22 I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 23 I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings." You see, despite Paul's ability to be untethered from any responsibility and growth to the Kingdom he makes it his own duty to do so. That being said, go enjoy your weekend and the fun and relaxation that it may bring, but I encourage you to seek first the Kingdom and not allow the opportunity to save a life for eternity, slip through your fingers. Have a blessed day! 🙂

AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE 

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts