Do Not Be Spoiled - 6/19/20

Good morning brothers and sisters, we made it to the end of the work week, Hallelujah! Thank you Jesus! 
Today, the Lord put on my spirit something that I believe I should have talked about a long time ago on here, but as I awoke this morning the Lord put on my spirit the statement, "Do not be spoiled." I took some time to pray about this statement and came the conclusion that as Christ-followers we sometimes get caught in a space of entitlement. We feel entitled to the Lord's grace, mercy, patience, love, blessings, blood, and yes, even the Cross. Why do I say this? Because every single one of those things I just listed are purely gifts from our Heavenly Father up above that we couldn't have earned even if we tried, but we often fail to take  proper posture towards the Lord when those things listed come into play. We cannot take for granted the most precious, lifegiving gifts that we could ever receive. Instead, we should take on a spirit of humility, gratefulness, and unending love and praise to the One who gave it all. This is the time to do it, not in a few days or months when you'll have "less stuff on your plate". Right now. Your Heavenly Father is blessing you right now, right? So, how about we reciprocate with praise in a like-minded fashion.

 Scripture:
Psalms 86:11‭-‬13 NIV
"Teach me your way, Lord , that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name. I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever. For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths, from the realm of the dead."

Have a blessed day and weekend! 🙂

AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE


Comments

Translate

Popular Posts