Weeding in the Way of Christ - 6/16/20

My brothers and sisters, I hope and pray that your week thus far has been filled with the Lord's presence in unprecedented ways and even through all of this craziness, you have found ways to intimately connect with Him. Today, I wanted to talk about weeding, yes, weeding. Most people, when they think about weeding they begin to groan in annoyance, but today I want to change your perspective on the tedious and mundane task. Yesterday, I had the opportunity to do some weeding for my wife's little box garden that we made. As I was doing this the thought came to me, "I wonder if Christ views us as His little gardens that He weeds and waters?" After giving it some thought I was fully convinced of this idea. Just think, God pulls out and prunes the things in our lives that are of the World that don't belong, but on the flip side He pours in positive moments of sunshine and life giving water; just a good gardener should. You see, God knows what we need and when we need it, and the more we get in the way of His plan for our life the rockier and dryer our soil becomes, which ultimately prevents beautiful growth. Moral of the story, let God do the necessary work in your life... without your unecessary interruptions!

John 15:2
"Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit."
 Have a blessed day! 🙂 

AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts