Set Apart - 9/10/20

Hello my brothers and sisters in Christ, today I want to tell you about an experience I had yesterday that has never occurred to me, that honestly broke down some barriers and showcased how we should all strive to be set apart. But first, let's talk to the Father.

TODAY'S PRAYER:
"Dear Heavenly Father, today we come to You thanking You for another opportunity to abide in Your will and be the hands, feet, and mouth of Jesus. Holy and set apart. Countering that, we also come to You heavy hearted for all the times that we have chosen the path of the world, and chose to blend into the crowd rather than be bold and outspoken for Jesus Christ and His Kingdom. We repent for this, Lord, and we ask that You would cleanse us today, RIGHT NOW, and lead us to a heart and head space to say whatever You want us to say and do whatever You want us to do. In Jesus Christ name we pray, AMEN!"

THE MESSAGE:
Yesterday my wife, Jackie, and I went to dinner with a friend from church, and because of COVID-19 the meal was outside. So, we're just minding our own business and then suddenly an RV gets pulled over right in front of us and approximately five squad cars show up and begin dealing with the situation. Here's where it gets really interesting. After awhile one of the sheriffs goes through the drive thru, gets a meal and comes over to the picnic table that we were eating at and asks if he could sit with us. For the next hour or so, him, Jackie and I, and our friend hand an amazing conversation about life, family, careers and so much more. This sheriff was set apart yesterday. He helped create a type of interaction that rarely occurs. I've never had an interaction like this and it showed me that it pays to be bold and outspoken in life and even more so regarding the Lord. 

SUPPORTING SCRIPTURE:
4 The word of the Lord came to me, saying,  5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”  6 “Alas, Sovereign Lord ,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.” 7 But the Lord said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the Lord .  9 Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth. 10 See, today I appoint you over nations and kingdoms to uproot and tear down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.”
Jeremiah 1:4‭-‬10 NIV

Your interactions may not end up looking like the one I had yesterday, however the Lord places countless opportunities in front of us to do and say what He calls of us. Whether it's in the classroom, boardroom, on the train, or even at the dinner table. The Lord will aid us to be Holy and set apart through our words and our deeds. We just have to be alert and listen to His prompting. So, my question to you is, "Where and how in your life do you hear and see the Lord calling you to be set apart for His glory?" 

Have a blessed day! 🙂

AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts