Seeking Counsel - 10/8/20

Seeking Counsel
Hey Family, today the Lord set upon my heart the topic of counseIing. More specifically, the aspect of seeking the counsel and wisdom of those who have gone before me, regarding God as the Divine and Ultimate Counselor. Counseling can be a touchy subject for those of us who feel like they have all the answers, for those who have had traumatic experiences, and the plethora of other situations that call for counseling, but in response to that let's bring it to our Heavenly Father.

TODAY'S PRAYER
"Dear Heavenly Father, we come to You today, so incredibly thankful for how You have open ears and arms whenever we desire to come to You. You are a God of never-ending love, empathy, and compassion! That being said, we also ask for forgiveness for when we demote You to nothing more than a genie in a bottle to grant our wishes. Our wish is NOT your command, Your will is our command. Help us to abide fully in Your will. For that is the safest, truest, and holiest place we could ever be. In that we give You our full praise and faith, in Jesus Christ name we pray, Amen."

SCRIPTURE
John 14:25‭-‬27 NIV
“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. "

John 16:12‭-‬15 NIV
“I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

Psalms 23:1‭-‬6 NIV
"The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name’s sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. "

Quote of the Day
"Counseling is ultimately not about the counselee or the counselor, but about the Divine Counselor."
James MacDonald

*Disclaimer*
If you or anyone you know is experiencing suicidal thoughts due to depression, anxiety, or any other mental illness please DO NOT hesitate to call the national suicide hotline number: 800-273-8255.

Have a blessed and safe day! 🙂
AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts