Who's in Your Family? - 11/17/20

Who's in Your Family?
Hey everyone, today I want to talk about your family, specifically, your Earthly, spiritual family. This may be a new concept for you, but I assure you it's worth exploring. Right now, I have one Earthly, spiritual family member and his name is Pastor Glenn Sterrett. He has been a multitude of things in my life, a mentor, coach and friend, but most importantly he has been my spiritual father. This type of family isn't given, it's grown. So, if you have someone in mind, be ready to put in some work.

TODAY'S PRAYER (personal)
"Dear Heavenly Father, I thank you for this beautiful Tuesday and I thank You for my spiritual family, regardless of how big or small. Good relationships are hard to come by, even within a family setting, and for that I give You all the glory, honor, and praise for the good relationships that I do have. Lord, help me not to take any of my relationships for granted and help me to show my spiritual family, my blood family, and my friends the love, grace, peace, and admiration that Jesus Christ calls me to. In Jesus Christ name I pray, AMEN!"

SCRIPTURE
Spiritual Family
Mark 3:31‭-‬35 NIV
"Then Jesus’ mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, “Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you.” “Who are my mother and my brothers?” he asked. Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

The Father's Children
1 John 3:1‭-‬3 NIV
"See what great love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when Christ appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. All who have this hope in him purify themselves, just as he is pure. "

A Family Being Built
Ephesians 2:18‭-‬22 NIV
"For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit. Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and strangers, but fellow citizens with God’s people and also members of his household, built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus himself as the chief cornerstone. In him the whole building is joined together and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord. And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit. "

Quote of the Day
"He’s not going to applaud us for becoming famous during our lifetimes; He’s going to ask us how we used our spotlight to bring Him glory.
He’s not going to ask us how many trophies and awards we received; He’s going to ask us how we used our gifts to build the body of Christ."
- Tessa Emily Hall
Have a blessed day! 🙂

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts