Clearing the Road - 12/28/20

Clearing the Road
Hey Family, as we fastly approach the new year of 2021, I want to encourage you to take stock of all that has occurred in 2020 and commence a purge of everything that can and should be left in 2020. The reason for this, is that we must make way for our God, our Savior, our Miracle worker, and our Creator and King to do His handy work in and through our lives. But, if His body (the Church) is stuck in the past, on things that have no true effect in the shortly arriving future, we will remain mentally, emotionally, spiritually, and for some, physically stuck. We must clear the road of our baggage, what we think we "know", and our fear and pride, but first we must get out our prayer shovels.

TODAY'S PRAYER
"Dear Heavenly Father, thankfully, You have witnessed and been with us throughout the course of this chaotic year. As bad as things have gotten, You have still have continued to give us life each day, opportunities for a deeper relationship with You, and for us to have hope in You for a brighter tomorrow. You have the power to do it all without our consent, but yet You still invite us into the process. For that, we humbly thank you! And as we step into 2021, I am asking on behalf of everyone that You keep this notion at the front of our minds: "If I am still alive, You are not done with me yet." In Jesus Christ name we pray, AMEN."

SCRIPTURE
Matthew 16:21‭-‬25 NIV
Getting out of an Earthly Mindset
From that time on Jesus began to explain to his disciples that he must go to Jerusalem and suffer many things at the hands of the elders, the chief priests and the teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and on the third day be raised to life. Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. “Never, Lord!” he said. “This shall never happen to you!” Jesus turned and said to Peter, “Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the concerns of God, but merely human concerns.” Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. "

The Golden Path Despite the Trial and Storm
Job 23:8‭-‬12 NIV
“But if I go to the east, he is not there; if I go to the west, I do not find him. When he is at work in the north, I do not see him; when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him. But he knows the way that I take; when he has tested me, I will come forth as gold. My feet have closely followed his steps; I have kept to his way without turning aside. I have not departed from the commands of his lips; I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread. "

What Those who Abide in Him will Receive
Deuteronomy 28:9‭-‬12 NIV
"The Lord will establish you as his holy people, as he promised you on oath, if you keep the commands of the Lord your God and walk in obedience to him. Then all the peoples on earth will see that you are called by the name of the Lord , and they will fear you. The Lord will grant you abundant prosperity—in the fruit of your womb, the young of your livestock and the crops of your ground—in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. The Lord will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none. "

Quote of the Day
"If you trust yourself you will need yourself to sustain yourself, but if you trust the Lord the Lord takes full responsibility of sustaining you."
- Shadrack T. Ashaiyo
Have a blessed day! 🙂
AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE 

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts