Dreams Don't Have to Just Be Dreams - 1/18/21

"Dreams are just dreams without goals."  - Denzel Washington

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. had a dream, BUT he also had goals that he fought for with every ounce in his being to accomplish: for himself,  his family, and for generation after generation to come. 

In 2020, and now 2021 we are seeing dreams turn into goals, BUT in order to keep the fight, in order to attain the goal, we must step up. 
We must step up higher than previous generations. 
We must love deeper than previous generations.
We must seek God and He will and follow His promptings much closer and much bolder.

I believe that Dr. King did that to the best of his ability in his time. However, the unfortunate thing about time is that it passes. All we can do is be alert and present, and seek a brighter, more loving, more Godly, more just future. 

If you are seeking to honor Dr. King's legacy and all who fought to get us where we are today; love others deeply as Christ did, seek justice within the everyday moments, and pray that God might use you to do even greater works than those who came before you. #STEPUPHIGHER

"Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this great day of rememberance of even greater men and women. Lord, you did such amazing, redemptive work through their lives, but I can't help but shake this feeling that some of us feel that the "era" of great works for mankind is behind us. I know I sometimes struggle with this myself, but when I read John 14:12-14 I know that that couldn't be further from the truth! Father, help us to see just how much can and should be accomplished in Your name. In Jesus Christ name we pray, Amen. "

John 14:12‭-‬14 NIV
"Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father.  And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts