Striving to Be Known By God - 8/17/21

Striving to Be Known By God

Hey family, today I want to bring something to the table that I believe may change your perspective. It's this aspect of being known by God. Often we hear that we ought to strive to know God more and more, but now, in addition to that we should also strive to be known by God so that our end might be certain.

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, as much I love You and seek to be a man after Your own heart, I now know that I have to and desire to do the things in this life that will deepen our relationship so that you would know me as Your faithful servant and I would know You as my faithful Savior, Lord, and King. All this I pray in Jesus Christ's name, Amen."

Scripture
Know and Be Known by Him
Galatians 4:8‭-‬11 NIV
"Formerly, when you did not know God, you were slaves to those who by nature are not gods. But now that you know God—or rather are known by God—how is it that you are turning back to those weak and miserable forces? Do you wish to be enslaved by them all over again? You are observing special days and months and seasons and years! I fear for you, that somehow I have wasted my efforts on you."

What to Strive for and What To Avoid
Matthew 7:21‭-‬23 NIV
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Love for the Father is the Key
1 Corinthians 8:1‭-‬3 NIV
"Now about food sacrificed to idols: We know that “We all possess knowledge.” But knowledge puffs up while love builds up. Those who think they know something do not yet know as they ought to know. But whoever loves God is known by God."

Quote of the Day
"The God who loans you life sees your every move, hears each word you speak, knows your every thought. You are seen by God. Noticed. Known."
- Francis Chan

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts