Generous With God's Resources - 5/21/22

Generous With God's Resources
Hey Family, today I want to talk about the phrase "My Stuff". In our society, believing something is yours is completely normal and logical, but the fact of the matter is that every blessing we have or used to have and will ever have is in some way from our Heavenly Father. And He calls us to be generous with all of it, whether it's our time, our knowledge or wisdom, our space, our resources, or our money. Jesus Christ, who gave the most calls us to give as well!

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, You are such a generous God who views those that want to hoard away everything for themselves as people with a warped and twisted mind from greed. Cure us of the disease of greed and help us to understand that all of the " stuff and things" of this life weren't ever ours, to begin with. They were all purely a gift from above. We love You Lord and we love the greatest example of you giving. You dying on the Cross and bringing us Salvation and eternal life to all who believe in You. In Jesus Christ's name, we pray, Amen."

Scripture
Greed is a Fool's Game 
Luke 12:13‭-‬21
Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.” Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?” Then he said to them, “Watch out! Be on your guard against all kinds of greed; life does not consist in an abundance of possessions.” And he told them this parable: “The ground of a certain rich man yielded an abundant harvest. He thought to himself, ‘What shall I do? I have no place to store my crops.’ “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus grain. And I’ll say to myself, “You have plenty of grain laid up for many years. Take life easy; eat, drink and be merry.” ’ “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you. Then who will get what you have prepared for yourself?’ “This is how it will be with whoever stores up things for themselves but is not rich toward God.”

Quote of the Day
"Greed is a substance that poisons the mind and convinces us that the more we have, even if we don't need it, we will somehow be better off in the end. The antidote to greed is to live and give generously just as Christ did."
- Alvy Butler, Jr.

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THEPOSSIBLEPLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts