Yes, No, or Maybe. - 5/17/22

Yes, No, or Maybe
Hey Family, I don't know about you, but I pride myself on being a person of my word. When I say I will help someone, I will do whatever can be done in my power/the power that God gives me to come to the aid of that person. I strive to live a life of integrity. Some people lie about their yes or no, or they use maybe as a cop-out. As Christians, we ought to strive daily to be people who act and speak with certainty, with the only caveat being the Lord's perfect will. 

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, as I think about Your word and what I know and have heard and experienced from You, I can say with certainty that You are a God who says yes or no, not maybe. As we grow in our maturity and our faith, we begin to learn that to live, love, and in general, be more like You, we must always be striving to first seek the Kingdom and Your glory and live lives of integrity that are worthy of the Gospel. Help us, Lord, in our weakness and temptation to adhere to our word or Yours. In Jesus Christ's beautiful name we pray, Amen."

Scripture
Be Content in Your Simple Yes or No
Matthew 5:33-37
“Again, you have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not break your oath, but fulfill to the Lord the vows you have made.’ But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: either by heaven, for it is God’s throne; or by the earth, for it is his footstool; or by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the Great King. And do not swear by your head, for you cannot make even one hair white or black. All you need to say is simply ‘Yes’ or ‘No’; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

Quote of the Day
"Integrity is doing the right thing when nobody's watching, and doing as you say you would do."
- Roy T. Bennett

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE 

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts