Intimacy within the Body of Christ - 7/17/20

Hello family, today I am praising God for deep fellowship and intimacy within the church body, specifically my church. Our church, Community Cup Church of the Nazarene in Kankakee, IL has started doing weekly morning prayer meetings for husbands and wives. The women meet at varying locations and the husbands have been meeting at a beautiful and peaceful location right off of the Kankakee river. 

“Again, truly I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything they ask for, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven.  For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.”
Matthew 18:19‭-‬20 NIV

This is the first time that I've ever experienced such close-knitness within the body of Christ and today I am praising my Lord and Savior for leading my wife and I to such an amazing group of believers who truly love the Lord and truly love and care for us! But as for you, I understand that not everyone has experienced such intimacy and some don't even recognize that it's even out there, but I assure you that it is. 

"What then, brothers? When you come together, each one has a hymn, a lesson, a revelation, a tongue, or an interpretation. Let all things be done for building up."
1 Corinthians 14:26 ESV

Fellowship and intimacy is so important in the body of Christ. It aids as accountability, ushering in the spirit of Lord, and it gives us opportunities to be hospitable and generous. And something that I believe a lot of times gets swept under the rug is the feeling that you truly belong there. As the body of Christ we are called to welcome and love all and continue to spread the Gospel, BUT that opportunity rarely occurs when when forgo intentionally meeting for the purpose of building one another up in Christ and the intimacy that He brings.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds, not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching."
Hebrews 10:24‭-‬25 NIV
Have a blessed day! 🙂

AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts