Intense(tional) Conversations - 8/24/20

Hello Family, today I want to talk about the conversations in our lives, specifically the intense(tional) ones. You may have noticed that I am combining intense and intentional, well that's because often the conversations that prove to be quite intentional can be quite intense as well. This intensity can be overwhelming to some, but with the grace of God it can be overcome.

Today's Prayer:
"Dear Heavenly Father, today we thank You for the ability and opportunity You give us to have open dialogue with You. We recognize that we don't always take advantage of it as much as we should and for that we ask for forgiveness. In addition to that, we also recognize that there may be a hesitancy to intentionally listen to You and speak to you. We ask You right now to soften our hearts for the reception of Your word and to emboldened us to speak forthright with You in everything. In Jesus Christ name we pray, AMEN."

In the past few days, I have had some quite lifegiving conversations, that if it were not for the correct temperament, could have been quite draining. Knowing what I know about temperament, many people are born with a certain temperament and refuse to believe they can change, but I'm here to challenge that. 
If our God can move mountains, He can surely change a temperament. For He makes the weak become strong, the meek become bold, and the faithless become faithful. I've experienced this phenomenon in my own life and I have seen it in the lives of those closest to me. So, I know for a fact it's the REAL DEAL. This being said, I have a question for you. And I don't want you to answer it instantly or even in 5 minutes. Just sit in it before you answer. "What has been your temperament in the conversations you've been having (with God, people, and yourself), and do you need to change it?"

Ezekiel 36:25‭-‬28 NIV
"I  will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. Then you will live in the land I gave your ancestors; you will be my people, and I will be your God."

Have a blessed day! 🙂

AB - THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts