Praying the Scriptures - 6/8/21

Hey Family, today my men's prayer group did something that I will continue to do, even in my own time with the Lord. This experience was Pray-Reading the Scriptures. I have learned through this experience that when you can't seem to find the words to pray over or to say to someone, look to the Word for there is wisdom to be found. 

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for graciously blessing us with the wisdom and peace that Your good and holy Word provides. With each book, chapter and verse You reveal Your character, Your promises, and Your power and love. I know that there are those who are hungry for Your word; I pray that they would be filled and satisfied. And, I know that there are many that are blind to Your Word and the joy that it can bring; I pray that they would begin to see. In all joy and honor and praise and glory, I humbly submit this prayer in Jesus Christ's beautiful name I pray, Amen.

Scripture
His Word is Alive
Hebrews 4:12‭-‬13 ESV
"For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account."

His Word Will Equip Us
2 Timothy 3:14‭-‬17 ESV
"But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work."

His Word Brings Us Joy
Jeremiah 15:16 ESV
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts."

His Word Guides Us
Psalm 119:103‭-‬105 ESV
"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth! Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path."

Quote of the Day
"Learning to read is one of the most extraordinary gifts you'll ever receive, so open up God's Word and read the most extraordinary book ever written."
- J.E.B. Spredemann

Have a blessed day! 🙂
THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts