Plan in Pencil

Plan in Pencil 
Hey Family, today I woke up reflecting on the words of my mentor, Pastor Glenn, "Write your plans in pencil and carry a big eraser." As I have grown older I have realized that when he said that it wasn't just so that if one plan fails you have a backup to go along with, but it also shows God and the world that you are making your plans in life with humility. Walking humbly in this life is something that God shows favor to and the world will often be led to question why and then we'll have an opportunity to point them to Jesus Christ instead of ourselves.

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, You know how You have made us and in our flesh and human pride we would love nothing more than to
write our plans in pen and point to ourselves when things went our way to bring about our own glory and praise. Please, Lord, rid us of this mentality and spirit. Show us and help us to show the world that Your power is worth stepping aside, being in the background, and becoming a vessel for Your mighty works. Help us to learn in our inmost being that those who lose their lives will find and preserve it in You. In Christ Jesus name we pray, Amen."

Scripture
What to Offer our Heavenly Father
Micah 6:6‭-‬8
"With what shall I come before the Lord and bow down before the exalted God? Shall I come before him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old? Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams, with ten thousand rivers of olive oil? Shall I offer my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul? He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Don't Try To Save It
Matthew 16:24‭-‬28
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul? For the Son of Man is going to come in his Father’s glory with his angels, and then he will reward each person according to what they have done. “Truly I tell you, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom.”

Quote of the Day
"Only fools pridefully plan in pen and expect to prosper in the end."
- Alvy Butler, Jr.

Have a blessed day! šŸ™‚
THE POSSIBLE PLACE

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts