Resting in His Hope - 4/25/23

Resting in His Hope 
Hey Family, I know it's been a couple of weeks, but with a newborn and life taking me and my family on a roller coaster it has taken me longer than I would have liked to get back to ground level. Nevertheless, the God we serve continues to do miracles, bring hope and wisdom for the day and the future unknown, and a well-spring of joy within and through me.

Scripture 
James 1:2‭-‬8 
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

Romans 15:1‭-‬13
"We who are strong ought to bear with the failings of the weak and not to please ourselves. Each of us should please our neighbors for their good, to build them up. For even Christ did not please himself but, as it is written: “The insults of those who insult you have fallen on me.” For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had, so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you, to bring praise to God. For I tell you that Christ has become a servant of the Jews on behalf of God’s truth, so that the promises made to the patriarchs might be confirmed and that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy. As it is written: “Therefore I will praise you among the Gentiles; I will sing the praises of your name.” Again, it says, “Rejoice, you Gentiles, with his people.” And again, “Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; let all the peoples extol him.” And again, Isaiah says, “The Root of Jesse will spring up, one who will arise to rule over the nations; in him, the Gentiles will hope.” May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Today's Prayer
"Dear Heavenly Father, You know my heart and my inmost thoughts, desires, and weaknesses. Yet still You desire to be closer to us than our skin. This intimate encounter is not for appearances or a false sense of security, but for the fullness of Your love, glory, and power to be revealed to us and displayed to the world. Help me, Father, to not look upon this gift that You provide with contempt, but that if I must have pride, let me have the utmost pride in all that You are. Give us this day, Father, our daily bread so that we might be satisfied with everything that You provide for us to complete the tasks of Your will. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to You, O Lord, my Rock, and my Redeemer, Amen."

Quote of the Day
"It's funny how, in this journey of life, even though we may begin at different times and places, our paths cross with others so that we may share our love, compassion, observations, and hope. This is a design of God that I appreciate and cherish."
- Steve Maraboli

Have a blessed day! šŸ™‚
THE POSSIBLE PLACE 

Comments

Translate

Popular Posts